Getting ready to head back to the Midwest for my second 10 day stint in the great outdoors. I want to get the most out of my MX time and not have to spend any hours off the bike due to blisters or otherwise. Last trip home after my second ride day I had huge blisters on both hands. My issue was not that I work an office job and have the hands of Adele but that my hands are in sweaty boxing gloves that wear away any callous I have developed. Ala soft sissy hands. So in preparation I have done a number of things.
1) Purchased these Palm Protectors to create an honest review for you.
2) In the weight room I have been working on the full bar a bit more, as well as twisting movements with kettle bells to create some handlebar like wear on my pussified hands. Hopefully creating a mild callous base.
3) Spent a lot of 1 on 1 time in hopes of reducing arm pump.
4) After seeing how the palm protectors work, I plan on trying out some Tag Rebound Tech or Pro Taper Pillow Top grips to see if either one actually helps with my arm pump.
5) Grip Donuts to prevent the dreaded yamathumb
Look back here for a follow up on how my blister prevention goes and for other guys like myself who only get to ride a few times a year, but when you do you ride lots, if it will work for you.