We’ve been doing some research for a series of stories on neck braces and came across a new neck brace from Leatt. We don’t have a ton of information, but from the pictures, it appears they have made quite a few changes. It seems that rather than making radical changes Leatt keeps slowly improving on the original design. This is probably smart on their part as they put a lot of time, money and research into the development of the original. A radical change could produce an unfavorable result. We haven’t seen or heard anything about this brace to date and thought our readers would be interested to see it.
The available info:
- New sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- New lower front side sections provides improved helmet clearance for looking down and to the sides
- New one piece fracture engineered CoreFlex rear rear thoracic strut for improved comfort and fit
- New on board 3-angle rear thoracic adjustment that requires no extra parts
- New body matched rear thoracic angles. Size #S/M 5°,10°and 15° and size #L/XL 0°, 5°and 10°
- New design clear strap included to use as optional
- New fantastic 13% lower price
- 4-way adjustable for great comfort and fit
- Height adjustable rear table to match different helmet clearance preferences and riding positions
- Removable clip-on padding for easy cleaning and maintenance
- CE certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
Leatt definitely seems to do their homework when developing a product. In fact they have more information available on their website in the product pages, FAQ section, Leatt Knowledge Library and Leatt Lab than all of the other manufacturers have available combined. Its really too much to read through in any less than a week. I’m personally impressed with Leatt’s dedication to being the leader in motocross neck braces. PPS Moto looks forward to getting our hands on this and putting it up against the new Alpinestars BNS CF and Atlas Brace Carbon for an updated motocross neck brace shootout.